Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Starting February

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It's the 2nd day of work now. Still hectic and tight when it comes to the job to-do's, but that's what I'm paid for.

First day had some great moments at shift:
- We had a "major" meeting on the distribution of tasks (or was it "do-your-job-very-well-I'll-check-on-that-when-I-get-back-from-vacation") by our Shift Manager.
- Before the meeting ended, we played a game called "Taboo" and our team won Php500 straight from Boss' pocket :)
- Drastic latency issues on the tools (darn!).
- Was able to to go home earlier than before! An "Achievement"! :p
- Wasted a LOT of money on food!

My first-line supervisor is on-leave from Tuesday - Friday, then off on Saturday-Sunday. So all the responsibilities assigned to me were expected to be performed with double effort.

Today, everyone seems to be going as planned, more revenue were generated and we're able to hit around 40% of the revenue we usually generate on a week basis. Good vibes, good vibes. Even though the tools experienced some downtimes yesterday, I was a bit surprised our revenue is going pretty well.

A lot of technical questions here and there, more participation from my focus teams. Great going. More spiffs awarded to agents, good PR to them. More news and gossips roaming the office floor.

New people to join the boat. Old people leaving the boat. You know. Changes come. And the wave ripples and affect the others.

Time flies. But I suppose I'll not just go with the flow. I'll sail above the waves and rock along with the boat.

Good thing I'm very much "aligned" still with the online world I have. I get to point out my stress and release them through it.

One thing that gives me a smile is remembering it's my Neopets (childish much? :P) guild's 2nd Year Anniversary. And I'm the guild leader! :)

http://www.neopets.com/guilds/guild.phtml?id=1753924

----------Robb----------


No comments: