Thursday, November 24, 2011

November start (The application adventure) - Teletech

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

After my outright dissatisfaction from my application at GenPact, I didn't really make an effort to even follow up after that.

A week has passed. And I was just weighing my options if I should start working again or should take a break first. But 2 weeks of no salary, or simply, money, is becoming a major major challenge to me. I tried hitting the online sites of the other contact centers and came across Teletech SM Bacoor. I submitted my application online thru their website.

I have 3 friends who are working there. Chox and Wel who are both agents, and Warren , one of the Team managers of Telstra.

Actually, I got the idea of applying at Teletech because this is nearest our area. Same Bacoor as my site, it's only 1 jeepney ride away from us.

I have tried applying here 3 years ago. I failed on the final interview because the interviewer is not confident enough of my educational background. She's having doubts that I have finished 2 years of college, which to me was weird when I already am in 4th year but undergraduate.

I got a call the next day around 9AM and it was one of the recruiting personnel of Teletech. Initial interview was a breeze and since I already expressed my availability for the time being, I got the schedule of 11AM for an exam at the site.

So I went there and was not that surprised that not so many are applying that day. Way back 3 years ago, it was heavily jam-packed everyday. Anyway, I went to take the 2 hours exam (which was pretty easier to me this time than it was 3 years ago) and also the call simulation which was quite easier this year. What's distinct this time was that there was an email assessment. We are tasked to create an email response as an email support rep. It was kinda easy, actually.

So off we waited and from 11AM, went to around 6PM before all the process ended. Only me and another lady got to wait last in the lobby for the results and we were informed that we'll be called back for a final interview. Actually, it was a smooth process. The problem is, I've applied there just this November 11, 2011. But up to now, November 24, THEY HAVEN'T CALLED YET.

That's the only problem. And that's why I decided to check out my third option....

2 comments:

Anne Marae said...

which is?

Robb said...

I'm creating it now. Patience, my friend. :p