Wednesday, November 23, 2011

So this is how I left Stream... [Part 1]

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Week-ending October 29. The last week-ending I was with Dell. And equivalently with Stream Global Services.

Everybody knows in the office that I'm a party-goer, hyperactive, impulsive outgoing person. I never spend my days off at home and I always make sure that I have somewhere to go to on those days.

So after partying on Friday (which came to me as a one-day off because of my roller coaster schedule for October), I went to work again on Saturday and Sunday nights. It was a lazy weekend. I was even blurting out that that schedule is just a petiks shift for me as there were not so many agents are on the floor and of course, not too much questions asked of me for consultations.

Come Monday, I went to my 3rd day for WE Oct 29 shift and of course, the number of agents blew up as it's a business working day in the US/Canada. Being in  a call center environment really shows you that on Monday-Friday night shifts, that's the time most agents are scheduled to work. Everything was going smoothly, from my 11PM o'clock shift until...

TL BJ (my first line supervisor) chatted me thru Sametime about a coaching session at around 5am

 We went down to have our coaching done over some sticks of cigarettes (yeah, we sometimes do non-conventional ways of coaching sessions). He explained about the decision of Mena on my L3. And everything just went from there. I tried to ask questions if I will still be able to come to work the next day, he said no. Mena didn't allow it. She didn't even approve of me having my last pay day on that week. (My only grudge with Mena). I really appreciate though how sincere TL BJ was in telling me honestly and in a positive scripting everything because if not, I would've busted down in tears. So by next hour I was...

 creating my resignation letter... which honestly took me 15 minutes to Google the format and fill them up...

returned my Maxicare card to the HR...

filled up an Employee Exit Interview Survey...


And locked my workstation for the last time... :(

To those who are very close to me, I know you already know why I really left Stream. But that's not something that I should be proud of as it was very urgent and obviously I haven't prepared for that.

But of course, I didn't leave Stream that day without making a mark to everyone that I will be leaving behind.

I asked TL BJ that same day (Tuesday morning eventually), if I can go back to the office tonight (even without pay and all that) just to endorse everything properly and professionally to the newly-selected SC who will replace me and say my goodbyes to everyone. He agreed.

I went to PLM that morning to work on my enrollment for next year's semester for graduate school's class as I'm vying to enroll this coming semester. I was trying to avoid thinking about everything that happened in the office. I was successful the whole time I was in Manila.
As soon as I went home in the afternoon around 1pm, I rode a jeepney on the way to our village. I tried looking at the clearbook and I came across my resignation letter I printed earlier that day...

Then I cried. I literally cried.

I avoided all the other passengers' stares at me by covering my face with my jacket and pretending I'm sleeping and I seriously had a waterfall moment of tears! Gosh, it suddenly sank on me. Everything. From all the tasks I'm bound to do on a daily basis, to all the friends and people I've known and interact everyday and to all the enjoyment and frustrations I feel about working at Stream. I felt super sad.

By the time I went home, I continued my crayola moment and played "Somewhere Only We Know" by Blaine and the Warblers of GLEE for more than 22 times as my background song. I really wanted a moment alone.Then I browsed all the photos I have taken in my phone from all the people and events on the office. I've wasted everything. That's how I really felt.

I dozed off and found myself too soaked in tears that I didn't make it in the office in the next evening shift and went to take the morning shift on Wednesday to come back to the office.

--- continued on next post ---

No comments: